OK, we get it — Nashville may only see about 6.5 inches of snow every year. However, that doesn’t mean it can’t get cold and icy. You all know what we’re talking about — that cold humidity that goes right into your bones and doesn’t come out until spring.
We may not have it all that bad come winter, but that doesn’t mean you want to go into winter with “driveway repair” still on your to-do list. How long has it been on that list, anyway? Here at A-1 Concrete Leveling and Foundation Repair, we suggest you start winter off right by working with our concrete contractors for concrete floor leveling. This will prevent cold temperatures and ice this winter from worsening the condition of your driveway, and you can move forward into the year with confidence and no worries.
Keep reading to learn more about why your driveway may be cracked or uneven, why to take care of driveway repair sooner rather than later, and why to work with A-1 Concrete Leveling and Foundation Repair instead of another concrete leveling company. And don’t forget to request a free quote for your driveway repair or other concrete lifting project while you’re here!
What Caused My Driveway Problems?
There are a variety of potential causes for uneven or cracked driveways that lead you to searching “how to level a concrete floor.” Any of the possible reasons may be at play on your driveway (including a combination of several or none of the options below):
- Erosion – The gravel or soil on the edge of or underneath your driveway could simply be eroding
- Tree Root Growth – A tree near your driveway may be spreading its roots and expanding underneath your driveway, where it exerts pressure and cracks the surface above
- Heavy Loads – Vehicles weighing more than 10,000 pounds could cause scars or cracking
- The Freeze/Thaw Cycle – This is crucial to look out for in winter if you have cracks in your driveway. Water can get into the cracks or seep into the driveway, freeze, and then expand
- Burrowing Animals – Rodents and other animals may make their home underneath your concrete driveway
- Improper Foundations – Incorrect materials or improper technique could mean your driveway is in poor condition because the foundation wasn’t built to last
- Sharp Objects – Snow shovels or other sharp objects can chip and crack driveways
Why Do I Need Driveway Repair?
OK — so why can’t you simply ignore the fact that you’re in need of driveway repair? After all, you can still get your vehicle on and off your driveway just fine.
- Future Cost of Damage – By ignoring the problem and continuing to use the driveway as if nothing is wrong, you (and the tree roots, animals, freeze/thaw cycle, etc.) could cause even more damage. This will lead to future repairs that are more expensive than if you simply scheduled concrete floor leveling now.
- Property Value – You’re not planning on selling your house anytime soon, but you actually decrease your property value more and more every day you postpone driveway repair.
- Peace of Mind – Not everyone recognizes this as an urgent reason to schedule concrete floor leveling, but we think your peace of mind is important! You can save yourself a lot of stress and at least a few headaches if you simply go ahead and get the concrete leveling and concrete lifting done while you’re thinking about it right now.
Why Work With Your Concrete Contractors?
Now, the final question: why choose A-1 Concrete Leveling and Foundation Repair? We know there are others in the Nashville area who can handle driveway repair for you, but we think we’re your best option.
- 30+ Years of Experience – We’ve been working in the area pouring concrete, doing concrete raising, and getting our clients a smooth concrete floor for more than three decades — and counting.
- Large Service Area – We’re a local company that serves the many areas in and around Nashville, including Ashland City, Brentwood, Burns, Columbia, Franklin, Goodlettsville, Hendersonville, Murfreesboro, and, of course, Nashville.
- Excellent Reviews – Reading reviews online is like asking a friend how they like a certain company, and they’re always sure to have a certain opinion. Our testimonials have led to us being a Top Rated Local® concrete leveling company that you can trust.
- Cost-Effective Options – We’re hard workers just like you who are trying to get by and do what’s right. Because of this, we offer cost-effective options that are fair for the service and expertise you receive — and you can get started with a free quote.
- Diverse Services – Finally, we do more than just driveway repair. Our concrete contractors can also take care of your steps, garage floor, pool deck, patio, HVAC pad, sidewalks, and more.
Schedule Concrete Floor Leveling in Nashville Today
October just started — there’s still plenty of time for you to get your driveway repair done! Contact A-1 Concrete Leveling and Foundation Repair today to get started with concrete floor leveling. Remember: you can request a free quote! While you’re here, check out some of these other blog posts that may be of interest if you’re in need of driveway repair: